Home > Products > E-learning Authoring Tool
E-learning Authoring Tool
Create engaging e-learning content – easily and effectively.
Cobent’s web-based collaborative e-learning authoring tool CoAuthor enables instructional designers and course developers to rapidly assemble, author and publish engaging and interactive e-learning content - without the need for programming or design skills. A web-based authoring environment allows individuals or teams to collaboratively create, manage and control projects and versions from multiple locations. The comprehensive library of assets, templates, themes and interactive elements makes it easy to rapidly create professional-looking content.
- 100% programming free
- Web-based – ‘no installations or downloads’
- Rapid authoring and roll-out
- Real-time collaboration and communication portal
- Project and task management
- Reusable assets
- Intuitive and easy-to-use
The CoAuthor e-learning authoring tool allows authors, designers, subject-matter experts and reviewers to collaboratively work on projects regardless of location or time-zone. CoAuthor’s sophisticated groupware authoring environment allows projects to be managed and stored at a central and secure location, providing real-time access based on user-profiles.
- Web-based group collaboration
- Version locking and control
- Centralized object and asset library
- Built-in task management helps to streamline the development process
- Track project progress and overall development status with reports
Rapid e-Learning Course Authoring
CoAuthor offers rapid e-learning development capabilities by extending the power of Reusable Learning Objects (RLOs). Predefined functional modules and pre-loaded assets offer rapid content authoring without compromising quality or usability.
- Objects and assets are reusable, helping maintain consistency
- Use existing RLOs and templates or customize them to save time
- Pre-designed elements can be dropped onto a page and used instantly
- Real-time preview, for quick and easy edits
- Course and RLO tagging makes it easy to search for and reuse assets
Creating dynamic content is simple with CoAuthor’s library of e-learning exercises and interactions. These elements can be easily drag and dropped onto a page, and are immediately usable – no need for programming or complex configurations. Interactive elements are customizable, so authors are not limited to the standard look and feel. Interactive elements include:
- Multiple choice
- Drag and drop for sorting, sequencing or match the objects
- Fill in the blanks
- Point and click
- Interactive learning games
Assessments & Questions
Creating interactive assessments to gauge learner retention becomes effortless using the CoAuthor e-learning authoring tool. Co-Author supports single or multi-chapter tests with pre-defined or randomized question pools and instant grading and scoring using weighted scoring for various chapters or questions.
- Questions repository for randomized or self-adapting questions
- Immediate test scoring and grading and presentation
- Immediate feedback on a question or end of assessment summaries
- Options for review and tests re-takes upon failure
Turn your existing PowerPoint libraries and presentations into SCORM compliant e-learning modules using the CoAuthor import feature. Import entire presentations or a selection of slides. Objects imported from PowerPoint into CoAuthor remain in their editable state for ease-of-use and reusability.
CoAuthor features multi-lingual support, so that courses can be written in a number of different languages from East-Asian to Middle-Eastern languages. This feature also supports right-to-left writing direction – a powerful feature for global organizations.
Hosted or Installed
CoAuthor can be hosted (on-demand) or installed on-premise behind your firewall. Use our hosted model to develop your e-learning "in the cloud", no servers, bandwidth or technical resources are necessary. For organizations that have strict data and security policies, Cobent offers CoAuthor on an installed licensing model. The deployed service provides customers with the option of installing the system on their own servers, this is ideal for any regulated organizations that have strict internet access policies.
SCORM Compliant Authoring and Integration
CoAuthor is SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and AICC PENS compliant, so e-learning content created can be imported into Cobent's SCORM and AICC compliant LMS to be tracked and managed seamlessly.
Courses created through the CoAuthor e-learning authoring tool can be published to a variety of formats giving you flexible and easy deployment:
- Delivery to a web server
- Downloadable zip file
- SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004
- Standalone executable application
- Executable in a self-installing package
To learn more, contact us by calling +44 (0) 1932 268 349 or email email@example.com.
Latest news RSS
What people have to say